Here’s my concern trolling for the day: What if Toph was murdered 42 years ago?
- Lin has an old looking scar. She looks comparably aged to Tenzin, who is 51 years old. Events 42 years ago would have occurred when she was a little girl.
- Lin’s grudge against Korra seems more generalized than particular. Perhaps it is a grudge against the Avatar rather than Korra herself.
- The flashbacks in order go Sokka looking solemn, Toph the brave soldier, Aang in the town hall (perhaps at a trial), bad guy, and Aang looking angry.
- If we take that order to be chronologically accurate, it could be Toph going out to handle the situation, a subsequent trial for the bad guy, an escape and possible retaliation against Toph, and then Aang taking the situation into his own hands.
- If it’s not chronologically accurate, then Sokka looking solemn might take place after the Toph shot — possibly an emotional reaction to something happening to her — and it might be Aang making the “arrest” before the trial.
On the other hand, maybe it’s Sokka that bit it.